Summer Coaching Arrangements for 2019
Junior Cricket Section
Please note that we are operating a waiting list for new membership
of the Junior section
To join the waiting list, please email email@example.com or call Mark on 07711 719607.
2019 fees can be found under Membership Subs
Siblings of current members don't have to join the waiting list.
- We will be running a full winter and summer coaching programme in 2019. The summer programme starts in April and runs through to the end of August and is outdoor at the club. This is when each year group trains:-
- Boys in year 2 and 3 train on Friday evenings 6pm to 730pm (starts on May 3rd)
- Boys in Year 4 to Year 6 and Girls in Year 3 to Year 6 training is on sunday mornings from 10am to 12 noon (starts on April 28th)
- Year 7 - 9 Girls training is under review (timings and dates to be confirmed)
- Year 7 & 8 boys train on Monday evenings 6pm - 8pm.
- Year 9 & 10 boys train Friday evenings 6pm - 8pm.
- Membership fees must be paid in full prior to the start of the season.
- Private coaching should be discussed with our Head Coach Riaz Richards
- Any children in School Year 2 or School Year 1 can enroll in our All Stars Group which runs on saturday mornings for 8 weeks between May and early July.
2019 Junior Fees
2019 fees can be found under Membership Subs.
Fees can be paid by cheque to "Berkhamsted CC" and sent to Mark Lewarne at 10 Campions Court, Berkhamsted HP4 3PD; or by wire transfer to Berkhamsted Cricket Club, Account number 20878561, Sort code 20-39-07. Make sure you indicate the name of the player whose subs are being paid in the Reference box and email Mark at firstname.lastname@example.org to let him know you have paid.
Coaching fees also include all junior match fees. Juniors playing for adult teams pay a match fee to cover the cost of teas.
Our Cricket Weeks in the
holidays are also subject to a separate charge. We normally run a 4 day course at Easter, and 2 or 3 cricket weeks in the summer holidays. Priority for
bookings will be given to paid-up Colts and Cricket Club members until
the end of April. After that, the Cricket Weeks will be advertised
outside the club.
Match Selection Policy 2019
We enter boys and girls teams into the Herts Junior League. Whilst our policy is to provide games for as
many children as possible we also try to promote excellence and competitive
play. So where possible we have an A and B team, with the A team
being selected on ability and the B team being an opportunity
for inexperienced or improving players to develop their skills. As players develop over time
we constantly re-assess ability levels to ensure the teams have the
right balance. Each team is organised by a VOLUNTEER parent (or
parents) who is responsible for picking the team and over-seeing the
game on the day. There is no limit on the number of teams we can enter
but without the support of parents these games simply cannot take
Head of Junior Cricket