Coaching Arrangements for 2018
Junior Cricket Section
Please note that we are operating a waiting list for new membership
of the Junior section
To join the waiting list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Mark on 07711 719607.
2018 fees can be found under Membership Subs
Siblings of current members don't have to join the waiting list. For children below School Year 2 we operate an All Stars section on saturday mornings for 8 weeks between May and early July.
- We will be running a full winter and summer coaching programme in 2018. The summer programme starts in April and runs through to the end of August and is outdoor at the club. This is when each year group trains:-
- Boys in year 2 and 3 train on Friday evenings 6pm to 730pm
- Boys in Year 4 to Year 6 and Girls in Year 3 to Year 7 training is on sunday morning from 10am to 12 noon.
- Year 7 & 8 boys train on Monday evenings 6pm - 8pm.
- Year 9 & 10 boys train Friday evenings 6pm - 8pm.
- Membership fees must be paid in full prior to the start of the season.
- WINTER INDOOR TRAINING WILL RECOMMENCE IN JANUARY 2019 - we will email members with details before the end of 2018
2018 Junior Fees
2018 fees can be found under Membership Subs.
Fees can be paid by cheque to "Berkhamsted CC" and sent to Mark Lewarne at 10 Campions Court, Berkhamsted HP4 3PD; or by wire transfer to Berkhamsted Cricket Club, Account number 20878561, Sort code 20-39-07. Make sure you indicate the name of the player whose subs are being paid in the Reference box and email Mark at email@example.com to let him know you have paid.
Coaching fees also include all junior match fees. Juniors playing for adult teams pay a match fee to cover the cost of teas.
Our Head Coach Riaz Richards is available for individual coaching lessons.
Our Cricket Weeks in the
holidays are also subject to a separate charge. We normally run a 4 day course at Easter, and 2 or 3 cricket weeks in the summer holidays. Priority for
bookings will be given to paid-up Colts and Cricket Club members until
the end of April. After that, the Cricket Weeks will be advertised
outside the club.
Match Selection Policy 2018
We enter boys and girls teams into the Herts Junior League. Whilst our policy is to provide games for as
many children as possible we also try to promote excellence and competitive
play. So where possible we have an A and B team, with the A team
being selected on ability and the B team being an opportunity
for inexperienced or improving players to develop their skills. As players develop over time
we constantly re-assess ability levels to ensure the teams have the
right balance. Each team is organised by a VOLUNTEER parent (or
parents) who is responsible for picking the team and over-seeing the
game on the day. There is no limit on the number of teams we can enter
but without the support of parents these games simply cannot take
And if you are a regular tweeter dont forget to follow us on twitter BerkhamstedCC @berkoCC.
Head of Junior Cricket